Friday, September 5, 2008

HGTV Vent!

I really love to watch HGTV, but I still have to vent. When they do those shows like "Designed to Sell" and "Decorating On A Dime," they talk about doing all this decorating on a budget. Only $2,000 to get this house to the point where it sells for 20 percent over the asking price! Only $1,000 to totally recreate the look of this room.

Well, what they fail to say is that the labor is free. They have expert decorators, expert carpenters, an expert seamstress . . .sure, if I could do all that stuff, my home would like like that, and on a budget, too!

I'm not really knocking the shows. They're fun to watch, and you can still get fabulous decorating ideas. But I wish that every now and then they would mention how expensive labor is. Some of their ideas are not very realistic if you're trying to do it on the cheap.

No comments: